Required Documents and Fees
- Application Form
- I-20 Request Form
- A Copy of Passport¹
- High School Diploma/Transcript or Equivalent²³
- Bank Statement⁴
- Mailing Fee (Fees may vary)
¹If you will be accompanied by your spouse or children, please include photocopies of each dependent’s passport ID page with your application.
²Certified copy of your secondary school diploma or certificate equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma
³Evidence of your attendance in college or university level studies.
⁴Documents must be dated within six months of the start date of the course.
Applying to Columbia College
- PREPARE YOUR PACKAGE
- Copies of Academic Transcripts/Diplomas for all high schools/colleges/universities attended
- Proof of Financial Support
- Photocopy of student’s passport
- SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE
- Click here to apply online ($100 non refundable application fee)
- ACCEPTANCE LETTER/I-20
- After review of your academic and financial documents, Columbia College will issue a letter of acceptance and Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) via Fedex. Expect to receive your I-20 in three to four weeks. Make sure your contact information (home address, email and phone) in the application form are complete.
- APPLYING FOR YOUR F-1 STUDENT VISA
- PREPARE FOR YOUR VISA INTERVIEW
- Gather the required documents listed on your specific Embassy’s website before your visa appointment, and be sure to carry all requirements with you to your visa appointment
- Prepare for travel and registration of classes
- You can arrive in USA up to 30 days before your program start.
- Report your arrival immediately and visit the school for a campus tour, orientation and class registration.