This program prepares students for employment as professional massage therapists. The program provides a solid knowledge base in the structure and function of the human body, ethics, various theories and applications of therapeutic massage along with hands-on experience. The massage therapy program requires 600 hours in total.
Massage Therapy Prospects
- The increasing demand on massage therapy services leads to a continued growth in the business. → Employment of massage therapist is expected to grow at a higher rate than the average employment growth of other occupations.
- Due to expansion of the health care industry, 1.7 million new jobs have been created over the past 5 years.
- The number of day spas have been increased by 400% over the past 10 years and more than 90% of high-end spa packages include massage therapy.
- A quarter of the United States population has experienced massage therapy in the past 12 months and the number is continuously growing.
- Two-thirds of clients want to get the service from the same massage therapist.
- Program Length: 30 weeks
- Total Hours: 600 total clock hours (including lab practice)