This 92-credit program is designed to prepare students for industry standards in networking and information technology careers and related business trades. This curriculum includes courses on a variety of operating systems, web publishing, programming, network security, and much more. Fast-paced, online, Microsoft®-based courses are also offered to students who can be employed as computer professionals.
Computer Science Prospects
- The job opportunity in Computer Science and IT field is focused on candidates’ hands-on skills than degree. The entry level of median annual wage for computer network support specialists who can start after graduating their AAS degree in Computer Science and IT was $59,090 in May 2012.
- Most computer support specialists have full-time work schedules which is important for all businesses.
- Employment of computer support specialists is projected to grow 17 percent from 2012 to 2022, faster than the average for all occupations. More support services will be needed as organizations upgrade their computer equipment and software. Computer support staff will be needed to respond to the installation and repair requirements of increasingly complex computer equipment and software.
- Program Length: 70 weeks (MTF: 105 weeks)
- Total Credits: 92 credits (Major – 68 credits & General Education – 24 credits)