Business Administration is the process of managing a business or organization successfully. This 92-credit program covers general curricula in business management administration, accounting, and tourism. Fundamental computer applications classes are also included. Upon completion of this program, students can be employed in a variety positions in the fields that incorporate a wide range business skills.
Business Administration Prospects
- Executive secretaries and executive administrative assistants provide high-level administrative support for an office and for top executives of an organization. They often handle more complex responsibilities, such as reviewing incoming documents, conducting research, and preparing reports. Some also supervise clerical staff.
- Overall employment of secretaries and administrative assistants which can be the entry level of Columbia College graduates is projected to grow 12 percent from 2012 to 2022, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Employment growth, however, will vary by occupational specialty such as accounting, tourism, and etc.
- Also, employment of general secretaries is projected to grow 13 percent from 2012 to 2022, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Many secretarial and administrative duties are of a personal, interactive nature. Because technology cannot substitute for interpersonal skills, secretaries and administrative assistants will continue to play a role in most organizations.
- Program Length: 70 weeks (MTF: 105 weeks)
- Total Credits: 92 credits (Major – 68 credits & General Education – 24 credits)