- The entire amount except the application fee paid by the student will be fully refunded if the student chooses not to enroll or withdraws after having signed the enrollment agreement before the first day of instruction.
- If a student decides to withdraw or drop out after classes begin, refunds will be made according to the following schedule:
|Percent of Enrollment Period Completed||Refund|
|Cancels after the first day of classes and during the first 10% of the session (0%~10%)||90%|
|Cancels after the first 10% of the session and until the end of the first 25% of the session (11%~25%)||50%|
|Cancels after the first 25% of the session and until the end of the first 50% of the session (26%~50%)||25%|
|Cancels after the first 50% of the session (51%~)||0%|
- If the school closes, cancels, or discontinues a course or program, the full amount of tuition and fees will be refunded to all enrolled students.
- Refunds will be determined based on the last attendance date.
- If a student fails to return to the program by the end of a temporary leave of absence, the refund amount will be determined based on the date of withdrawal or termination, and will be paid within 30 days from the last day of leave of absence.
- All refunds due will be paid within 30 days of the student’s last day of attendance.
- Purchased books are students’ property and they are not refundable unless they are returned before classes begin.
*New international students who paid the deposit for the first session are NOT ELIGIBLE to get a refund after the I-20 is issued.
*Columbia College complies with the refund policies adopted by the Commission of Council on Occupational Education. Refund calculation is based on a percentage of the number of clock hours remaining in the program from the last day attended, rounded down to the nearest 10%, minus any unpaid student charges or fees and an administrative fee which is less than 5% of the cost of the program (or $100). The school does not retain any federal funds for any term not attended.