Welcome to Columbia College!
The International Student Office (ISO) warmly welcomes you to Columbia College. We are here to provide help and support to the international students from the beginning of process , during, and after the completion of their academic programs at Columbia College. Columbia College supports the following tasks.
- Providing advice to prospective students about their academic options
- Providing advice to prospective students about the Visa application process
- Issuing Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20, DS-2019) to eligible applicants
- Providing pre-departure advice to ensure a safe and timely arrival in the United States
- Issuing Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment authorization
- Issuing recommendation to USCIS for Optional Practical Training (OPT) employment authorization
- Providing information about transferring from another institution
Required Documents and Fees
- Application Form
- I-20 Request Form
- A Copy of Passport¹
- High School Diploma/Transcript or Equivalent²³
- Bank Statement⁴
- Mailing Fee (Fees may vary)
¹If you will be accompanied by your spouse or children, please include photocopies of each dependent’s passport ID page with your application.
²Certified copy of your secondary school diploma or certificate equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma
³Evidence of your attendance in college or university level studies.
⁴Documents must be dated within six months of the start date of the course.
Applying to Columbia College
- PREPARE YOUR PACKAGE
- Copies of Academic Transcripts/Diplomas for all high schools/colleges/universities attended
- Proof of Financial Support
- Photocopy of student’s passport
- SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE
- Click here to apply online ($100 non refundable application fee)
- ACCEPTANCE LETTER/I-20
- After review of your academic and financial documents, Columbia College will issue a letter of acceptance and Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20) via Fedex. Expect to receive your I-20 in three to four weeks. Make sure your contact information (home address, email and phone) in the application form are complete.
- APPLYING FOR YOUR F-1 STUDENT VISA
- PREPARE FOR YOUR VISA INTERVIEW
- Gather the required documents listed on your specific Embassy’s website before your visa appointment, and be sure to carry all requirements with you to your visa appointment
- Prepare for travel and registration of classes
- You can arrive in USA up to 30 days before your program start.
- Report your arrival immediately and visit the school for a campus tour, orientation and class registration.
The M visa is for nonacademic or technical/vocational studies. To qualify for an M1 visa, the applicant must be enrolled full-time in a vocational or non-academic education program at an approved institution in the US. Applicants are required to demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to support themselves for the duration of their course and that they intend to return to their home country upon completion of their studies.
The requirements and qualifications are fundamentally same as F1 visa. If you wish to apply for M1 visa and learn more about it, please contact us at email@example.com.