- Transfer In
The College welcomes transfer students from other institutions. If the student meets our Admission Requirements, he/she may be admitted with no restrictions.
- International Students
- Request a school transfer form and an acceptance letter from the international students office.
- Fill out a school application form and submit all required documents such as former school transcripts, a high school diploma, an I-20 from another school, financial documents, a copy of passport, visa/I-94, and a family registration form.
- Once a student is eligible to transfer to Columbia College, Columbia College will issue a school acceptance letter to the transfer student within one week of submission.
- U.S. Citizens and Permanent Resident Students
- Fill out a school application form and submit all required documents including former school transcripts, high school diploma, and a copy of a photo ID to the admissions office.
- Once the student is eligible for transfer into Columbia College, Columbia College will issue an acceptance letter to the transfer student within one week of acceptance.
- Transfer Out
A student who wants to transfer out from Columbia College must come to the registrar or international student office to get information and review the transferring procedures.
- Transfer Out Requirements for International Students
- A student must come to the registrar/international student office and inform a school official of their intention to transfer from Columbia College. The student must be in compliance with current school policies. (Refer to the Policy on Satisfactory Academic Progress.)
- The student must obtain an approval from the International Student Advisor prior to initiating action on their transfer. The approval process usually takes approximately one to two business days.
- Once the student is approved for transfer, he/she must submit the registrar/international student office their acceptance letter and transfer application from the institution they wish to attend.