Columbia College provides high-quality, relevant, and varied educational programs and opportunities for the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. The College values its role as an educational institution, embracing change and responding to the complex needs of those it serves.
Vision of the College
Columbia College strives to provide competitive and responsive professional training programs. It cultivates a student-centered culture that challenges and supports student learning and offers outstanding hands-on professional development programs. The College focuses on excellence in adult educational curricula and delivery which utilize creative approaches to teaching and learning while incorporating the rich cultural diversity of the Metropolitan area.
The curriculum of each college program is guided by the following goals and objectives:
- To provide professional training opportunities that support economic independence in the community.
- To provide academic studies that assist students in developing self-confidence and success in their chosen occupational field of study.
- To provide career training opportunities for students who wish to enter rapidly growing service industries.
- To constantly innovate instruction and improve delivery of academic material for the students.
- Student Support: Columbia College creates a campus environment that promotes equity, opportunities for individual growth, and educational achievement.
- Excellence in both Teaching and Learning: Columbia College provides professional development opportunities for faculty and administrators benefitting both teachers and students.
- Staff Development: Columbia College provides staff development programs that foster individual and team professional growth thus leading to a cohesive educational organization.
- Partnerships: Columbia College has secured partnerships with key community agencies and organizations including those working with immigrant communities.