This process is for students who need to change a different non-immigrant visa status to student visa. Follow the below steps to apply to Columbia College and request an I-20. You should MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to discuss whether a Change of Status is possible in your case.
Step 1. Application
Download, complete, print and sign the Application for Admission (International) and Student Enrollment Agreement
Step 2. Request I-20
Download, complete, print and sign the I-20 Request Form and Enrollment Acknowledgement (International).
Step 3. Request Change of Status
Download, complete, print and sign Change of Status Request Form, Change of Status Agreement and Request for Deferred Admission.
Step 4. Bank Statement
- Provide a personal bank statement which must be dated within six months of the start date of the program.
- Ending balance of bank statement must be over $30,000 to enroll in Associate Degree program
- If you have a sponsor, please download the Affidavit of Support Form. Your sponsor completes and signs the form.
If you apply as F-2 for your dependent, you should show an additional $5,000 in your bank balance per dependent.
Step 5. Proof of Completion of High School level education
- Provide evidence that you have completed the equivalent of a U.S. high school education.
- Copy of your high school or your secondary school diploma OR
- Copy of your college or university transcript
Step 6. Passport
- Copy of your valid passport
- Copy of your current visa
- Submit I-94 form and any immigration documentation you have for your current status
Step 7. Application Fee
- Submit application fee
- International Student Application fee of $100 (non-refundable)
- Tuition Deposit: one session’s tuition (Non-refundable)
- Fee payment options:
- Credit Card: Submit Credit Card Authorization Form (Foreign Transaction Fee, $60, is charged)
- Wire Transfer
All Application forms and documents should be delivered to the International Student Admissions.
International Students Admissions
8620 Westwood Center Dr.
Vienna, VA, 22182
Phone: (703) 206-0508
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Step 8. Pay the SEVIS fee
- Pay the SEVIS fee (http://fmjfee.com)
- Don’t forget the Applicant’s name, signature and date on the bottom of Original initial I-20.
Step 9. Apply for change of status at USCIS
- Receipt of SEVIS fee to show payment
- Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status. (http://www.uscis.gov/i-539)
- If you are changing status from B-1, B-2, or F-2 status, you cannot begin your studies for a course of study for a certificate or a diploma prior to approval of their change of status.
- There is no other factor that requires you to depart the U.S. prior to making a reentry based on a different classification. (ex. A USCIS officer may determine that you should obtain a new visa prior to being readmitted into the U.S.)
|USCIS Case Status||USCIS Forms|