Are you Current International Students? You must keep in mind!

  •  Enroll before a new session starts and Be enrolled full-time

F1 non-immigrant visa students must be enrolled in classes full-time, at least 18 hours per week and 12 credits per session. You are required to pursue a full course of study always. Failure to do so will jeopardize your F-1 status.

  • Attend classes!!

Any student who has excessive absence will be reported to SEVIS in accordance with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service regulation. Columbia College is not responsible for the results of reported students’ record. Any student who cannot attend a class for a medical reason must submit either a doctor’s note describing the medical conditions or an appointment notice.

  • Have a valid passport at all time

Renewal applications must be made with the Embassy or Consulate of the country of your citizenship.

  • Have a valid I-20 Form

If you will not be able to complete your program by the expiration date on your form I-20, you must apply for an extension of your program of study BEFORE the expiration of the I-20. Come to the International Students Office and complete an Application for Extension.

  • Out-of-campus working is not allowed.

You are not permitted to work off-campus without receiving PRIOR authorization from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and International Admissions Office. Employment possibilities are limited.

  • Report a change of address to USCIS and the school.

It is important to update current address to the International Student Office. All non-immigrant residents in the United States must report any address change to USCIS within 10 days after such change. Failure by a non-immigrant resident to report a change of address is considered as misdemeanor and incurs a penalty of $200 or a maximum of 30 days in jail. Information can be found on and search for form AR-11. You can change of address through USCIS website.