This process is for the students who have already had an I-20. Follow the below steps to transfer into Columbia College.
Step 1. Apply to CCDC
- Download, complete, print and sign the International Student Enrollment Acknowledgement and Student Enrollment Agreement.
- Submit all required documents to the International Students Admissions office. Please provide.
- A copy of your valid passport and F-1 or visa
- Evidence of college level or high school graduation
- Copy of current I-20
- Provide a bank statement which must be dated within six months of the start date of the program.
- Ending balance of the bank statement is over $30,000 to enroll in an Associate Degree program
- If you have a sponsor, please download the Affidavit of Support. Your sponsor completes and sign the form.
If you apply as F-2 for your dependent, you should show an additional $5,000 in your bank balance per dependent.
Step 2. Application Fee
- Submit all application fee
- International Student Application fee of $100 (non-refundable)
- Mailing Fee (non-refundable) will vary depending on a delivery location, minimum $80)
- Fee payment options:
- Credit Card: Submit Credit Card Authorization Form (You have to pay Foreign Transaction Fee, $60)
Step 3. Receive an acceptance letter from CCDC
International Students Service will issue you an acceptance letter and an International Student Transfer Eligibility Form within 5 business days.
Step 4. Request transfer out of your current school
You must sign section A of the Transfer Eligibility form and give it to your current school, with a copy of your acceptance letter from CCDC.
Step 5. Receive release of your SEVIS record to CCDC
- Your current school’s international student advisor should complete section B of the Transfer Eligibility form and return it to CCDC’s International Student Office.
- The International student advisor at your current school should release your SEVIS record (I-20) to Columbia College.
Step 6. Receive a call or email from CCDC
When you receive a call or email from CCDC, you may complete your class registration
Step 7. New I-20 from CCDC
You must register for classes and start studying in CCDC while you wait for your I-20 to be issued.